Thursday, August 16, 2012

Challenge Accepted.

Everyone pretty much knows my exercise/weight battle... Well, you all at least know about my exercise battle.  Basically I hate exercising and I love food.  I wouldn't say I'm fat, but I also think I could use to loose a few lbs. 

If I do say so myself, I was HOT in college.  I think it was the fact that I hated the dorm food so I pretty much only ate salads for lunch and dinner.  (The salad bar in my dorm was amazing)  It also helped that I walked EVERYWHERE in college.  I'm sure I walked a minimum of 5 miles a day.  I would frequently come home in between classes and my dorms were always pretty far from my classes.  So yeah... easily 5 miles.  In college I could eat whatever refrain from going to the gym and not gain a lb.

When I graduated college I continued to not go to the gym.  My only exercise consisted of walking to and from work.  For the first 3.5 years after graduation this amounted to 2.5 miles of walking a day.  So I still could refrain from going to the gym, but I quickly learned I couldn't eat what I wanted without seeing the results on my hips.  A little over 1.5 years ago, I moved from the suburbs (where I would take the Metra and walk a mile to and from the office - trust me I know this doesn't add up to 2.5 I did additional walking every day too) to the city, where I got dropped off either via bus or El practically outside my building.  My daily exercise consisted of walking up 2 flights of stairs whenever I took the dog out... Yeah... I know thats awful.  So over the past year, I have gained weight, and not been happy with the way I look. 

So - this morning my good friend DecidelyDisastica asked me if I would do a challenge with her.  She knows I've been trying to figure out motivation to loose weight and she needs motivation too, so we are going to try to help each other out.  The challenge is the first person to loose 10 lbs gets a mani/pedi bought by the other person.  This will happen a total of 3 times (since we would both LOVE to lose 30 lbs)  The next 10 lbs will get a facial.  And the final 10 lbs will be a massage. 

The official weigh in starts tomorrow.  And I have to say, part of me wants to slam an entire gallon of water before my weigh in so I can have a little extra help beating DecidelyDisastica, but the other part of me doesn't want to see that number on the scale with all that water weight.  So, its doubtful that I'll slam the water.

All I have to say is - DecidelyDisastica - you are going down! :)

Wish us luck all!