Thursday, July 14, 2011

Post Secret - Favorite blog of all time

Alright, so I already posted about my favorite video blog of all time, but now I'm posting about my favorite blog, of any kind, of all time.  Post Secret.  I admire Frank because I have no idea how he thought of it.  I'm astonished how well it took off, and I admire that he doesn't "sell" advertising space on the blog.  

I've been to a post secret event (pictured) and I think I liked it more than the blog itself.  I saw a ton of postcards that the "regular" public was not legally allowed to see.  I guess Frank's lawyers thought certain secrets were not appropriate for the public eye.  These secrets were very strange and very moving.  


Several times I have thought about what my secrets are.  Like what I would send to post secret if I wanted to send something.  Honestly, (I don't know if this is good or bad) I don't have that many secrets.  I thought about telling the secret that I still get afraid of the dark when I'm at home alone.  But then I realized it wasn't really a secret because I've already told people that.  It actually took me a long time in order to think of a secret that was truly a secret.  There are certain parts of my life that most people do not know about me, but I don't qualify that as a secret.  I believe a secret is something no one else knows.

I think my secret is:  I still have no idea what I want to do when I grow up and I don't know if I'll ever know what I want to do.  I think being a vet would be nice, but I don't have the motivation to go back to school.  I think being a nurse would be nice, but I don't know if that's only because I could work 3 days a week and have 4 days off.  I think I would like to be a teacher, but I don't know if I really want it.  At this point in my life all I know is what I don't want to be, and I have no idea what would truly make me happy.

No comments: