Friday, July 15, 2011

I better get my paper this week

I subscribe to the Chicago Tribune pretty much only for the coupons.  In fact, I usually take out the plastic coupon thingy, and throw away the rest of the paper without looking at it or taking it out of the bag.  I know its super nerdy, but its kinda fun.  I mean A. Who doesn't like to save money.  and B. Who doesn't like to "screw the big man."  I feel like every time I get stuff for cheap I kinda give the big business owners the finger.  I feel like I stuck my tongue out and said "ha, seeeeee I can get your non-generic stuff for cheap!"

The only problem is, the last 2 weeks my Trib has been STOLEN.  Now I don't know if its because I have been coming home too late or what, but I'm starting to get pissed, hence the sign (pictured left).  Seriously, I remind myself of that one passage in Jen Lancaster's book (I can't remember which one) where she camps out in a discrete place in her lobby to see who is stealing her paper.  She ends up bringing coffee and camps out for several hours when "nature calls."  She ran to the bathroom and low-and-behold as soon as she came back the paper was gone.  Of course that would be my luck too, so she resumed the next day/week (again, details escape me) and found out the cleaning lady was throwing it away because she took too long to obtain the paper. 

If the cleaning lady is throwing away my paper, I have no idea where she is throwing it away.  I have purposefully looked for the paper in the garbage, so I know if its my fault, or we have a thief in the building.  I mean, imagine my embarrassment if I found out the cleaning lady did throw away my paper after I posted such a nasty sign! 

If my paper is gone this weekend, I'm getting it delivered to work instead.  I know that means I wont get it on Sunday, but at least I wont have to go to Walgreens and spend $2 (That's FOUR times the price I already pay!) on a paper in order to get my coupons.  Trust me, I already have issues with buying a paper in the first place to "save money" but I know for a fact I save more than $0.50 a week in coupons.  I also think I save more than $2.50, but obviously the less money you spend, the more profit.

No comments: