Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Pinterest - Will you be my ...

Everyone knows I recently got engaged.  I knew who I wanted to be my bridesmaids since before I was even engaged.  One time, I almost slipped and asked my Maid of Honor to be my Maid of Honor before I was even engaged!  But I wanted to do it right, so I made sure to hold my tongue.  

However, as soon as I got engaged I went over to Michaels to mimic a pin I saw on Pinterest.  Below is the inspiration and the final product.  
The boxes included:

  • Memories Picture Frame - For a picture of us at my wedding
  • A scented candle in my wedding colors - Purple and Green. :)
  • Chocolate - Because what girl doesn't like chocolate
  • A Bridesmaid tank top - Unfortunately, I couldn't find one for my maid of honor, so she also has a bridesmaid tank also.  I wish I could have found one that matched and said Maid of Honor, but ... I didn't have enough patience to wait for it to arrive if I ordered it online. haha.  
  • A cocktail - I went to Target and bought a Champagne cocktail bottle.  It was either that, or a mini bottle of Champagne, and I chose the Champagne cocktail since I feel like Champagne can be hit or miss. One of my bridesmaids is only 17, so I gave her sparkling juice instead.  


Honestly, the most difficult thing was finding the box to put everything in.  Michaels and Target did not have any appropriate boxes.  Either they couldn't fit the frame or they were T-Shirt boxes.  My mom had some boxes laying around and so I used those.  They were a bit large, but that just meant that I could display everything so nothing was covered up.

Unfortunately, because the boxes were so gigantic, the stamps looked really tiny.  I wrote "Will you be my" on the front in stamps so that when my friends opened the box they would read "bridesmaid" on the tank top. :)

I think my bridesmaid liked the boxes.  But like I said... nice boxes were really hard to find.  

2 comments:

Emduff said...

Very cute! If you are ever looking for cute boxes again,
nothing beats The Container Store!

Unknown said...

I'll keep that in mind. :) Thanks!