Monday, September 8, 2014

Bench Seats - DONE!

The bench seats are finally done. :) I think they may nead another coat of stain in order to match the kitchen cabinets, but I don't think I care that much right now.

If you want to read about building the bench seats - go here. I used some heavy duty upholstery type fabric for the seat cushions and I went shopping online for the foam.  I was at Jo-Ann's and wasn't not about to pay $90 for foam.  Who knew foam was so expensive?? I didn't!  I ended up getting the foam from "OnlineFabricStore.net" and found the foam for $32 with shipping.  Much more reasonable.  And the foam was just what I needed.

I installed zippers on the "back" side of the cushions so they can be washed if needed.

I bought WAY too much fabric (about twice what I needed) so I may be making little back cushions or some pillows for the basement or something.  Oh well.  All in all, the bench cushions cost about $55.  Not cheap, but it could have been worse.  I could have bought cheaper fabric, but I really wanted something bold.

Oh, I think it took ~ 3 hours on the sewing machine to do both cushions.  Including the zipper and finishing the edges.  VERY quick project. :)

No comments: