Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Bench Seat - Finished - Sorta.

The bench seat is sorta finished!  (See previous post here if you want to read about my inspiration for this project.)

Here is the finished product.  I have to say, the camera doesn't do this thing justice!  And the cabinets and benches are much closer in color than the camera makes it look.  The main difference is the cabinets have a protective coating on it, and I didn't put a protective coating on the benches.  However, I think I'm going to put polyurethane on it sometime soon.  I think the polyurethane will make them look even closer in color. Not to mention it will help protect them if someone spills something on them.

Honestly, I'm THRILLED with how they turned out.  I designed everything myself, and my brother and father built them.  Lots of hard work.  I even have a 3rd bench that will go in the den due to an inexperienced furniture designer.  (my fault)

I don't mean to toot my own horn, but I love the way the molding turned out. :) Honestly, there isn't much I don't love. Hah.  

Now I have to sew some bench covers so that you can sit on the window seats and be comfy.  

Did I mention how nice it is to have extra storage?! :) 

No comments: