Thursday, May 22, 2014

Building Corner Bench Seating







So - my brother decided he likes woodworking.  He also decided to take some time off from work before he starts medical school.  The last thing he decided is he doesn't like to do nothing, so I was able to give him several projects.  Including building me corner bench seating in the kitchen. :)

I'm so excited.  I can't wait for it to be done.  We will get more storage and it will complete the kitchen.  Right now the kitchen looks strange, IMO.  I don't have any photos of the strange area (probably because the kitchen is always a huge mess) but just trust me.  There are 2 windows in the corner and we could not continue the cabinets because the bottom of the window was 2 inches too low.

So, my solution is a window seat.  These are photos of the inspiration for my window seat -
window seat made out of stock kitchen cabinets
Kitchen window seatMimi Storage Bench Revised | Do It Yourself Home Projects from Ana White
Inspiration for my kitchen window seat
Built In Window Seat - AMAZING inspiration for my kitchen Banquette on a budget: Repurpose inexpensive storage cubes or a cheapie bookshelf to make a cozy dining bench.
Unfinished cabinets from Lowes = bench seating & storage!


The problem was... none of these came with simple plans.  So I modified this one with very detailed, amazing  PLANS
Farmhouse Media Console | Do It Yourself Home Projects from Ana White
So that the door was on the top.

I can't wait to post the finished product!

No comments: