Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Running - Its hard

So, I've been running for about 3 weeks.  It seems like I ran the first block very easily, and now I've got a mental block that I can't run any further.  As soon as I got the 1 block down, I upped my running goal by 0.1 mile.  And for some reason I spent the past 2 weeks not able to finish 0.5 mile.  Today I did it though.  Today I ran 0.5 mile without stopping.  However, once again, it was slow.  I wonder if its better to push yourself to the max, and burn out fast, or run slowely and do distance.

If I stay on this track that means it'll take me 10 more weeks before I can run 1 mile without stopping.  That seems like forever away.

This also means, that I've continued on my goal of running.  And a long time ago - see post here I made a deal with myself that if I worked out 3 times a week I would allow myself to spend hundreds of dollars on my hair for a keritin treatment.  Since its officially been 3 weeks of running a minimum of 3 times a week, I think I will allow myself to schedule an appointment.  Although, I also think that between now and the hair appointment, if I don't continue to run 3 times a week I need to only get a trim, not a treatment.  Gotta find motivation somehow.

I'm hoping the Keritin treatment will be so amazing that I'll have to continue running so I can continue the treatment. :)

Hm... I think this means I need to go buy new shampoo.

No comments: