Thursday, October 13, 2011

Women delivers baby after the Chicago Marathon

I'm sure everyone heard.  Somehow her stupidity made national news.  My 2 cousins ran the race on Sunday so I went to cheer them on.  They both did great by the way. :) Super proud.

But anyway, back to the stupidity.  We all saw her.  And it was an echo effect, "Is she pregnant" was heard throughout the crowd.  Supposedly her dr approved her to run half the race and walk the other half.  And all I gotta say is when I saw her, she wasn't walking, she was running. Honestly, I think she was stupid to chance her babies health like that, not to mention her own.

People die in this race and get carted off to the hospital.  It was a very warm day and she could have killed her baby. 

I don't understand why anyone would take that risk.  Especially because if you think about it: The race is in October.  The earliest you can register is February 1st.  That is 8 months between the earliest registration date and the race.  She said at the time of delivery she was 39 weeks preggo. So unless she was the first person to register, she should have already known she was pregnant.  I just don't get it.

No comments: