Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Denmark - Taxes fatty foods

Personally - I think this is FANTASTIC.  I've always thought that people should understand how much they are hurting themselves with obesity.  Apparently "Starting from this Saturday, Danes will pay an extra 30[pence] on each pack of butter, 8p on a pack of crisps, and an extra 13p on a pound of mince, as a result of the tax." Hopefully, people will start looking for other healthier options.

I also think that airlines should adopt this process.  Charge more for people who themselves and luggage weigh more than 220 lbs or something like that.  And less for people who themselves and luggage weight less than 220.  I mean think of the children, who only weigh 50 lbs; they have to pay the same price as the person who weighs 300 lbs.  I don't think that's fair at all.  A heavier person will end up costing the plane more gas.  Honestly... it just makes sense.

No comments: