Monday, October 3, 2011

Smoking at work

First of all... smoking is nasty.  I understand that people are addicted, but its gross.  It smells bad, and it is awful for your health.  But that's besides the point, what you do on your own time, doesn't really bother me.  What does bother me, is what you do when I'm around.

I have 2 new people who arrived in my "work pod" today.  See, instead of individual cubes, we have a 4 pod system, where there are only 2 walls.  It is supposed to encourage relationships between young and old engineers.  It doesn't.  It's just annoying.

Well, the issue is, at least 1 person is a smoker.  And he REAKS like smoke.  I've heard that the other one used to be a smoker, and possibly still is a smoker.  So really, that blows.  I mean its one thing to take a break at work.  Its another to smoke during said break because you come back to the office smelling terrible.  I think its rude to smoke at work because you are subjecting everyone who comes into contact with you to that smell.  And that smell is gross.

I'm seriously considering emailing the floor coordinator to try to get these people moved.  Its just nasty.

No comments: