Thursday, October 20, 2011

Dublin barks a lot during storms

Dublin is a fantastic watch dog... almost too good of a watch dog.  Last night was very windy and stormy.  C was out with friends so I was home alone.  It got to be "bed time" (haha, yes I go to bed at the same time every day) and I went to bed with Dublin.  The only problem was Dublin kept hearing the wind blowing and kept barking.  I was too afraid to turn the lights off for fear of Dublin actually barking at a burgler and not just the storm.  So, I sat in bed (with the lights on) until C got home.

During that time, Dublin barked every 5 minutes.  Sometimes Dublin would just bark once and then put his head back down.  Other times he would bark excessively and get up and run to the front door.  I could hear him walking around, barking every few minutes, checking to make sure no one was there, and then run back to bed with me. 

After doing this 2 times, I was starting to get nervous and was 1 more time away from getting up and grabbing the bat and setting it right beside me.  See, when I moved to the city, my mom gave me her metal baseball bat to use as a weapon if a burglar ever came to the house.  (I'm pretty sure this bat has lived under my parents bed for the past 20 years.)  I actually started looking around the room, if a burglar did find me, to see what I would throw at him to try to get away. 


Thankfully, after 30 minutes or so, C arrived home and saved me from the scary burglar to come.  (phew)

No comments: