Thursday, September 1, 2011

Glass Art

I guess you could say I really enjoy non-traditional "paintings."  Or perhaps a better description is 2D sculpture.  In addition to the Copper art at Irish Fest (See previous Post) I loved the glass "paintings."  I don't know how to describe the Copper or Glass Art without calling them paintings.  In actuality, they are flat wall hangings (framed) which are etched into a design.  Therefore the glass art is a large piece of glass that has a design etched into it, thus creating a "painting" similar to a black and white painting.

The vender at Irish Fest had a small amount of Celtic Art, but also had a ton of Non-Irish ways he could create something for you.  My favorite "painting" is of the tree of life. Website Here I absolutely love how intricate and detailed this design is.  Also the meaning behind the picture is fantastic.  Unfortunately, I have extremely expensive taste and this piece is out of my budget.  So I have two ideas.  I plan to contact the artist to see if his non-fest prices are more reasonable.  Or, I'll wait to buy it when I have more money and am not trying to save for a downpayment on a house.

To be honest, I have no idea what makes me think or believe I'll have more money later in life.  Especially if I buy a house and buy a "fixer-upper" (which is what I expect is the only thing I'll be able to afford as a first home.)



But anyway, I am also in love with the wedding invitation keepsake.  (No one who attends a wedding with me is allowed to give this gift.  This is now my new favorite wedding gift, so don't steal it!)  So, if you can't really see below, the artists creates a framed "painting" with all the verb-age that is on the wedding invite. 

No comments: