Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Buying a present for a 1 year old.....

So.  C's cousin had a baby approximately a year ago.  Well, the babies 1 year old birthday is coming up.  And the parents are having a party.  Which brings me to my dilema.... What to get a 1 year old.

Part of me wants to get a toy over clothes.  I mean the baby is a boy, so I feel weird playing "dress-up" with him.  So I figure toys are a safe bet.  However, I went to a 1 year old birthday party a few months ago, and the babies favorite present was a balloon. So... what do I do.  Just get the baby a balloon?  And maybe a box?  Haha.  There is no way I can do that, although I do kinda want to put his toy (whatever I get) in a gigantic box for the baby to play in.

So, onto the "real" present for the baby.... Do I get an educational toy?  A loud and fun toy?  A quiet toy?  If I were a parents, I would despise anyone who gave my kid a loud toy.  But at the same time, I don't know if an educational toy would be fun. 

Also - I have no idea whats "in" as far as baby toys. So I really don't know what to get the baby.  Too many choices, and I only have 1.5 weeks till the party.

1 comment:

EquestrianBookNerd said...

Educational toys foster the development of a healthy and creative brain. I'd go with that. If it's a flop, who cares, you tried and the kid is a year old. He won't remember :) Plus, if you put it in a big box, that's a bonus toy right there!