Monday, August 29, 2011

Copper "Sculptures"

C and I went to Irish Fest a few weeks ago.  We went in 2010 also, and C has gone for the past 15 plus years.  Irish Fest is the largest Irish Festival in the world.

Basically Irish Fest includes eating, drinking, Professional Tug-Of-War competitions, drinking, concerts, eating, Irish Dancing and more drinking.  There is also an area where all the native Irish dog breeds show up and educate everyone.  It is actually a lot of fun and the food is traditional "feel good" Irish Food.

One of my favorite things to do is go shopping.  Last year I discovered a lady who "paints?" .... "etches?" ... (I'm not really sure what to call it) designs in copper.  Website Here Most of her stuff, at least what she brings to Irish Fest, has a Celtic spin on it.  One of my favorite pieces is a Celtic Horse (Left).  I saw it last year at Irish Fest, and I was in love.  Last Novemeber she offered it to me at an extremely reasonable price (1/2 off) however, I have my heart set on a custom piece of Rags and Myself.  (I did find it amusing that she brought this same piece to Irish Fest this year and her price was not the 50% off price she quoted me... Just goes to show sometimes its better to speak to the artist and pay shipping then to get it at the fest).  Anyway, her custom prices are quite steep and at the moment I can not justify spending $300 plus on a piece of art.

However, one of these days, I will commission her to create the picture for me.  It will be of Rags and me walking toward the barn.  I don't think I'll get the picture any time soon, and it will probably be after I buy a house, but someday I will get one.

No comments: