Monday, August 22, 2011

I hate to exercise - Motivation needed.

I never was a fan of exercising.  I loved horse back riding, but that was the only form of exercise I ever enjoyed.  When I was younger I tried every sport, soccer, dance, T-ball, basketball, gymnastics... basically you name it, I tried it as a kid.  The only thing that ever stuck was horseback riding.

The only problem is horseback riding is rather expensive.  Horses eat quite a lot of food and need a lot of exercise.  However since I live in the city, I can not get out to any stables on a regular basis.  Which causes me to have to hire someone to exercise my horse, which obviously is not cheap.  So, when I decided to sell my horses to save for a house, I gave up exercising.

Last year I tried running.  I did it for about 3 months, off and on.  I ran a few races, but it didn't stick.  I never really enjoyed it.  For my birthday, my parents bought me a super fancy exercise bike.  I'm going to try really hard to stick with this and get in shape.  But I need motivation.  So my motivation is the following.  If I ride my new bike ~ 3 days a week until Thanksgiving, I get to get a Keratin treatment on my hair.  I have very very very frizzy hair, and when you combine that with lazy-ness .... well, I barely ever do my hair.  So hopefully this will be good motivation to work out.  I care about what I look like, but who doesn't like to sleep an extra half hour in the morning instead of doing their hair. 

No comments: