Monday, August 8, 2011

Dog is a finalist in a contest

A few weeks ago, I entered Dog (who's name is now revealed to Dublin) in a contest.  Its a photo and story online contest.  The first prize gives a shelter 10,000, 2nd prize is 3,000, and 3rd prize is 1,000.  The dog will get a gift certificate to fuzzynation.com and a dog bed.  Apparently, the judges liked Dublin's story so much, they made him 1 of 50 finalists.




Somehow Dublin became a finalists.  In order for PAWS get the money -

Go to http://www.facebook.com/fuzzynation?sk=app_117170818364057 on facebook.  Click on "See finalist and vote" and Vote for "Dublin"
You can only vote once per day.  Dublin is getting started slowly, and only has 2 votes.  1 dog already has 141 votes!!! 


The story that convinced the judges to place him in a finalists is below. 


Hi, My humans call me Dublin. I'm a 1 year old Catahoula Leopard Dog. I haven't told many people about my past because its not something I like to think about. When I was younger I was abandoned and all on my own. I had to scrounge through peoples back yards for food. One day I was in this person's yard looking for food and all of a sudden I hear this loud "BANG" and pain shoots through my ear. I ran away real fast. My humans talk about that ear sometimes. I have heard them mention something about a BB and getting shot. I don't really know what that means, but I feel something hard when I lie down on that ear. Oh well. Anyway, after a while on the road Chicago Animal Control found me and took me to this place with a ton of dogs. I was real scared because all the dogs were very loud. Soon a person came up to me and took me to a different place called a rescue. This place was nicer and quieter, I liked it a lot better but I still wanted my own humans. The only problem was I got pretty sick when I was "on the road" and no one could tell, see I'm pretty good at hiding stuff and I knew I couldn't pick out my humans if I was sick. I was only at the rescue for a few weeks until I saw the people I wanted to take me home. They looked very nice and they looked athletic, see I love to run so that was a must. After they took me to my new home, I finally started to relax. I only got to spend 1 night with my humans before they took me to a bunch of vets. I was pretty scared, but I figured my humans were doing the best for me. The vet told me I had something called pneumonia. She also said "We don't know if he will make it because he is so young" but I don't know what that means. All I know is as soon as the vet said that, my human mom started crying. I ended up staying at the vets office overnight in a special room all to myself. They told me I had an oxygen tank or something like that, but I don't know what they are talking about but it made my sickness get so much better. As soon as they let me go I felt so happy!!! My humans have told me that almost 3 months, 1 allergic reaction to the pneumonia medication, 1 food allergy, a severe round worm infection which was hidden due to the medication, and almost $5,500 later I was finally healthy. My humans don't blame the rescue for adopting me out while I was sick, they understand that mistakes happen and are thankful the rescue helped pay for some of the vet bills. I like my humans a lot. They take me to the dog beach, and I get to go to doggy day care and they give me real good treats and toys! I think the thing I hate the most is when my humans leave me to go to work, whatever that is. I just want my humans to be with me all the time! Is that so much to ask? Its just that I was abandoned before, and I don't want to be abandoned again. My humans call it separation anxiety, I call it, "I LOVE YOU SO MUCH-iety" One time, I heard my human mom ask my human dad "Do you think Dublin would be as happy with another family?" I heard my human dad say "Honestly, I think another family would have put him down." All I know is I am very happy with my current family, and I let them know that all the time. I always bring them presents when they get home. I've even given them my raw hides! Although, they usually take too long to eat it, so I eat it anyway. :)

No comments: