Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Hottest Day in 5 years

Its supposed to get up to mid to high 90's today.  Yesterday reached 96.  Lets just say, I never appreciated how close I live to the EL until now.  Having that 2 minute walk was a blessing.

Anyway, so Dog normally goes to Doggy Day Care on Wednesdays.  Seeing as how yesterday was 96, and today was going to be just as hot, I was a bit concerned that it would be too hot for him.  Dog gets to sit in air conditioning during the day at home (spoiled, I know).  But walks are pretty rough for him since he has such a dark coat (he heats up very fast in the sun).  We can go on a 20 min walk, and at the end of it, he is panting like crazy just do to the heat.  I feel bad for him.

So, since I pay about $25 for day care, I didn't really want him to be so warm that he hardly moves.  The whole point of day care, for him, is to get energy out.  So yesterday I called the day care place asking if the dogs were going to be outside today.  They told me that they were going to be inside, and it generally doesn't get hotter than 80 degrees due to the 30 foot ceilings.  Then they told me that they can give doggy breaks if we are concerned with overheating.  I told him I think that would be a good idea.

So at 7:15 this morning, I dropped Dog off at day care.  The employee takes Dog's leash and says "Hi Dublin!" Looks to me and says "How many breaks would you like?"  I laugh, awkwardly and say "Wow, you remember me from the phone?"  He kinda looks at me like I've grown a third arm. I've been taking Dog to Doggy Day care for a few months, probably some time in March we started.  But the day care place has as many as 50 dogs show up (Just on Wednesday!).  So I figured I sort of blended in with the rest.  Unfortunately, I don't, and I think I now have the growing reputation of "the youngest crazy dog lady."

1 comment:

Lori said...

Ha... crazy dog lady!