Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Trying to park in the city

Alright so I didn't post yesterday. Sorry. :( Allergies are kicking my butt.

Anyway, today I'm pissed about parking structures and how STUPID it is when they do NOT take any credit cards or take checks.

Alright, I can totally understand not taking checks.  They are completely out of date.  However credit cards? Maybe they don't want to pay for the credit card machine, but they would rather pay 1 person to sit there for 12 hours and pay them benefits? Yes I agree that it is terrible when someone's job gets taken away because of computers.  But come on, in this day and age, when the parking lot is in a city, a well populated area, they do not take credit cards.

I told the parking attendant that they should have a sign saying "Cash Only." She said on the way in there is a sign.  She was right, a small sign saying "cash only."  Come on, how many people are looking at that when they are driving!  I should have said it is dangerous to drive and read at the same time.  But whatever.

So when I told the attendant that I didn't have cash, because the miniscule sign was difficult to read while driving, she explained to me that I could go across the street to an ATM, or I could take an EL to my banks ATM. 

So for 2 hours, I had to pay $6 for parking, which is outrageous but what else can you do in the city, on top of that I had to pay $2 in their ATM fees, and another $3 in My Banks ATM fees.  So to go to the dr's I had to pay $11 in parking..... Jesus, sometimes the city sucks.

No comments: