Saturday, February 4, 2012

Local McDonalds makes HUGE mistake

I've heard people say "there is no such thing as bad press."  However, I beg to differ.  Especially in this case.


A local McDonalds said petting a stray pitbull is more dangerous than eating at McDonalds.  As if Pitbulls don't have enough of a bad rep, McDonalds airs an advertisement against Pitbulls.  Is this local McDonalds hurting so much that they have to put down poor dogs?

I can't imagine how this ad ever got to the radio... Do you know how many people would have to be involved before it aired?  I can't imagine that the person who read the ad was willing to say that... Just insane... and STUPID. Isn't there a saying "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all?"  Obviously, the Marketing Rep did NOT learn that in school.

One of my friends parents own a McDonalds, and I'm sorry, but Corporate PR should have dealt with this already.  I am very disappointed in Corporate McDonalds. 

I would like to point out that usually, when Dublin is at the dog park, the bully breeds do NOT start the dog fights.... 


McDonalds - I haven't been a huge fan of you for the past few years, I'm more of a fan of local restaurants than chains, but I will never visit a McDonalds after this.  As far as I know, the only apology that has been issued is a tweet... Come on Corporate McDonalds... Step up to the plate, issue a formal apology and feature some wonderful and kind pits in your national commercials.

No comments: