Sunday, March 30, 2014

What do you do with all your digital photos? Part 2 of 2

Last week I posted the first part - What do you do with all your digital photos?

Essentially I'm still not convinced digital is the way to go.  I feel that hard copies are nice.  You can look at them and display them.  Shutterfly is my website of choice.  They have pretty decent prices and always have sales.

But then the problem is, once you make all these photobooks, what do you do with them?

I saw this pin on pinterest. - I thought it was great.  She used plate hangers. And I thought that was a great idea.  You can display them and everyone gets to see them.  They can get taken off thew all extremely easily.  It was perfect.
 So this is my interpretation of displaying photobooks.  Right now I only have 2 to display,  I guess I've been busy getting married and remodeling the basement. Haha.  But that didn't stop me from wanting to hang the 2 photo books I have.

The problem came when I tried to decide how many plate hangers do I buy?  Do I buy 2? Do I buy 4? 6?  I really liked this hanger from Amazon priced at $6.55 each. But how often to things change slightly, or go out of stock.  And how would I know how many I would eventually need?  Or the bigger problem, where to store them.  So, I came up with the idea to buy 2 now, and then every time I make 2 more photo books buy 2 more slightly different hangers.  I think it'll look good, a little eclectic, and unique.  And then you don't have the matchy matchy problem.

Now to make more photobooks. :)


No comments: