Thursday, January 31, 2013

I still call him my boyfriend

A few weeks ago, I came home from Pitt.  C surprised me with a date.  Actually, C will say it wasn't a surprise, I should have known because I asked him to plan it.  However, I thought the date would be us going out to dinner, not going to a dinner theater detective show.  (Which was AMAZING btw)

Anyway, the show required me to dress up.  Since I had only brought jeans home, and the only nice clothes I had in Chicago were summery, I had to go shopping.  So, C and I went shopping.

I narrowed down the choice to 2 outfits so I asked the fitting room attendant "to go get my boyfriend, C."  As soon as she left I realized my mistake.  Sorry C!


C and I got engaged September 30th.  It is now the end of January, we have set a date, picked a venue, hired a DJ and photographer, chosen our colors and are getting ready to send out the Save the Dates, and I still catch myself calling C my boyfriend.

When my friends/family or whoever would call their fiances their boyfriends, I always thought they were just doing it for the attention.  They wanted to show off the fact that they are engaged.  
I can tell you for a fact I am not doing it on purpose.  

No comments: